The Institute of Human Genetics (Institut de Génétique Humaine, IGH) is a major CNRS unit dedicated to excellence in fundamental research and pathology. The principal research interests of the IGH are genome dynamics, developmental genetics, epigenetics, and molecular and cellular pathology.
Spatio-temporal replication program of the human genome and its impact on genome organization and evolution
Chunlong CHEN (Institut Curie, PARIS)
A new epigenetic mechanism mediating tumor suppression by Polycomb proteins
The Cavalli lab shows that a complex of Polycomb group proteins has a tumor suppressor activity that depends on its specific binding to hundreds of genes involved in the control of proliferation, cell signaling and polarity. This activity was discovered in Drosophila, but the same chromosomal binding pattern is observed in differentiated human cells, suggesting that this phenomenon might be conserved in some human tumors. This study, published in the journal Nature Genetics, opens new perspectives in the field of carcinogenesis.
Seminars of the month @ IGH
- 13-09-2016 (11h30) "Functions of ATR and RPA in Suppression of Genomic Instability"
LEE ZOU (Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, USA)
- 16-09-2016 (11h30) "Mechanistic, functional and evolutionary lessons from budding yeasts meiotic recombination landscapes"
Bertrand LLORENTE (CRCM - Marseille)
- 27-09-2016 (11h30) "Spatio-temporal replication program of the human genome and its impact on genome organization and evolution"
Chunlong CHEN (Institut Curie, PARIS)
- 30-09-2016 (11h30) "BRCA1 and BRCA2 tumour suppressors prevent replication stress and genome instability"
Madalena Tarsounas (Oxford Institute for Radiation Oncology, Cancer Research, UK )
Some recent papers
- Loubière, V., Delest, A., Thomas, A., Bonev, B., Schuettengruber, B., Sati, S., Martinez AM., Cavalli, G. "Coordinate redeployment of PRC1 proteins suppresses tumor formation during Drosophila development" (2016), Nature Genetics: doi:10.1038/ng.3671
- Bregnard, C, Guerra, J, Dejardin, S, Passalacqua, F, Benkirane, M, Laguette, N "Upregulated LINE-1 Activity in the Fanconi Anemia Cancer Susceptibility Syndrome Leads to Spontaneous Pro-inflammatory Cytokine Production" (2016), EBioMedicine: 8, 184-194
- Ribeyre C, Zellweger R, Chauvin M, Bec N, Larroque C, Lopes M, Constantinou A "Nascent DNA Proteomics Reveals a Chromatin Remodeler Required for Topoisomerase I Loading at Replication Forks" (2016), Cell Rep: 15, 2, 300-309
- Robert T, Nore A, Brun C, Maffre C, Crimi B, Bourbon HM, de Massy B "The TopoVIB-Like protein family is required for meiotic DNA double-strand break formation" (2016), SCIENCE: 351(6276):943-9
Probing host-virus interactions in the gut microbiome by proximity ligation (chromosome capture) assay
11-10-2016, Romain KOSZUL (Institut Pasteur, PARIS)
Generation of Neural Diversity
14-10-2016, Claude DESPLAN (NYU Biology, Washington, USA)
Seminar series on Genome Dynamics: Splicing-dependent mRNA quality control in Drosophila
25-11-2016, Klaus Forsterman (LMU, Gene Center Munich, Genzentrum & Dept. Biochemie, Munich, Germany)
Seminar series on genome Dynamics: New vision of heredity to promote the Inclusive Evolutionary Synthesis
16-12-2016, Etienne DANCHIN (Evolution and biological diversity laboratory Ecole Nationale de Formation Agronomique Toulouse)
Architecture and Plasticity of the Cell Nucleus
29-11-2016, ENSA Paris-Val de Seine, Fr.
Transcription-Replication Crosstalk and Genome Instability
14-11-2016, Roscoff, France
... the 2 last ones
Loubière, V., Delest, A., Thomas, A., Bonev, B., Schuettengruber, B., Sati, S., Martinez AM., Cavalli, G.. Coordinate redeployment of PRC1 proteins suppresses tumor formation during Drosophila development (2016), Nature Genetics.
Deeks SG, Lewin SR, Ross AL, Ananworanich J, Benkirane M, Cannon P, Chomont N, Douek D, Lifson JD, Lo YR, Kuritzkes D, Margolis D, Mellors J, Persaud D, Tucker JD, Barre-Sinoussi F; International AIDS Society Towards a Cure Working Group, Alter G, Auerbach J, Autran B, Barouch DH, Behrens G, Cavazzana M, Chen Z, Cohen ÉA, Corbelli GM, Eholié S, Eyal N, Fidler S, Garcia L, Grossman C, Henderson G, Henrich TJ, Jefferys R, Kiem HP, McCune J, Moodley K, Newman PA, Nijhuis M, Nsubuga MS, Ott M, Palmer S, Richman D, Saez-Cirion A, Sharp M, Siliciano J, Silvestri G, Singh J, Spire B, Taylor J, Tolstrup M, Valente S, van Lunzen J, Walensky R, Wilson I, Zack J.. International AIDS Society global scientific strategy: towards an HIV cure 2016 (2016), Nat Med.