The Institute of Human Genetics (Institut de Génétique Humaine, IGH) is a major CNRS unit dedicated to excellence in fundamental research and pathology. The principal research interests of the IGH are genome dynamics, developmental genetics, epigenetics, and molecular and cellular pathology.
Seminar Series on Genome Dynamics 2016-2017
Amphitheater Genopolys, at 11:30, from November 25th to June 16th
A new epigenetic mechanism mediating tumor suppression by Polycomb proteins
The Cavalli lab shows that a complex of Polycomb group proteins has a tumor suppressor activity that depends on its specific binding to hundreds of genes involved in the control of proliferation, cell signaling and polarity. This activity was discovered in Drosophila, but the same chromosomal binding pattern is observed in differentiated human cells, suggesting that this phenomenon might be conserved in some human tumors. This study, published in the journal Nature Genetics, opens new perspectives in the field of carcinogenesis.
Seminars of the month @ IGH
- 11-01-2017 (11h30) "Transcription (and DNA repair) from bedside to clinic. Improving our understanding of gene expression regulation"
Jean-Marc EGLY (IGBMC - CNRS UMR 7104 - Inserm U 964 - Illkirch )
- 27-01-2017 (11h30) "Seminar series on genome Dynamics: A small RNA-based innate immune system"
Greg HANNON (Cancer Research Cambridge Institute, UK)
Some recent papers
- Pinzon, N., Li, B., Martinez, L., Sergeeva, A., Presumey, J., Apparailly, F., Seitz, H "The number of biologically relevant microRNA targets has been largely over-estimated" (2016), Genome Res:
- Luco RF "Retrotransposons jump into alternative-splicing regulation via a long noncoding RNA" (2016), Nat Struct Mol Biol: 23(11):952-954
- Stanzione M, Baumann M, Papanikos F, Dereli I, Lange J, Ramlal A, Tränkner D, Shibuya H, de Massy B, Watanabe Y, Jasin M, Keeney S, Tóth A "Meiotic DNA break formation requires the unsynapsed chromosome axis-binding protein IHO1 (CCDC36) in mice" (2016), Nat Cell Biol.: 18, 11, 1208-1220
- Bonev B, Cavalli G. "Organization and function of the 3D genome" (2016), Nat Rev Genet: 17(11):661-678
- Loubière, V., Delest, A., Thomas, A., Bonev, B., Schuettengruber, B., Sati, S., Martinez AM., Cavalli, G. "Coordinate redeployment of PRC1 proteins suppresses tumor formation during Drosophila development" (2016), Nature Genetics: 48, 11, 1436-1442
- Bregnard, C, Guerra, J, Dejardin, S, Passalacqua, F, Benkirane, M, Laguette, N "Upregulated LINE-1 Activity in the Fanconi Anemia Cancer Susceptibility Syndrome Leads to Spontaneous Pro-inflammatory Cytokine Production" (2016), EBioMedicine: 8, 184-194
- Ribeyre C, Zellweger R, Chauvin M, Bec N, Larroque C, Lopes M, Constantinou A "Nascent DNA Proteomics Reveals a Chromatin Remodeler Required for Topoisomerase I Loading at Replication Forks" (2016), Cell Rep: 15, 2, 300-309
- Robert T, Nore A, Brun C, Maffre C, Crimi B, Bourbon HM, de Massy B "The TopoVIB-Like protein family is required for meiotic DNA double-strand break formation" (2016), SCIENCE: 351(6276):943-9
Seminar Series on Genome Dynamics: Biogenesis and turnover of small RNAs in health and disease
03-02-2017, Javier F. Caceres (MRC Human Genetics Unit - Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine (IGMM) - University of Edinburgh, UK)
Seminar series on genome Dynamics: Epigenetics and functional intratumour heterogeneity
31-03-2017, Paola Scaffidi (The Francis Crick Institute, London, UK)
Seminar Series on Genome Dynamics: A simplified topoisomerase related to the meiotic DNA break machinery gets complicated
14-04-2017, James BERGER (Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA)
Seminar series on genome Dynamics: Chromatin regulators in cell differentiation and cancer
16-06-2017, Luciano Di Croce (CRG Centre for Genomic Regulation, Barcelona, Spain)
Recombination and Epigenetics
30-01-2017, Université Paris-Diderot, Paris
... the 2 last ones
Kermi, C., Lo Furno, E., Maiorano, D. Regulation of DNA Replication in Early Embryonic Cleavages (2017), Genes.
Nishibuchi G, Déjardin J.. The molecular basis of the organization of repetitive DNA-containing constitutive heterochromatin in mammals (2017), Chromosome Res..