Director: Giacomo CAVALLI
Associate director: Philippe PASERO
The Institute of Human Genetics (Institut de Génétique Humaine, IGH) is a major CNRS unit dedicated to excellence in fundamental research and pathology. The principal research interests of the IGH are genome dynamics, developmental genetics, epigenetics, and molecular and cellular pathology.
Seminar "Women & Science"
"What does it mean to be a woman in Science?" by Joan STEITZ (Yale University/HHMI, New Haven, USA)
Génopolys - November 6th, 2014, 5:00pm.
Free but mandatory registration.
"maBourse" : Find a funding for your studies or PhD in France
The website mabourse.fr offers you a search engine, which helps you to find funding/grant opportunities for your studies or PhD, according to your professional and personal information.
It aims to identify and provides you with a list of possible grants suitable for you based on your personal profile. Subscribe for free!
Seminar Series on Genome Dynamics 2014-2015
Amphitheater Genopolys, at 11:30, from October 6th to April 3rd
Seminars of the month @ IGH
- 03-10-2014 (11h30) "Post-doc interview : A new role for polyadenylation in mRNA processing"
Lisa MUNIZ (Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh)
- 06-10-2014 (11h30) "Seminar Series on Genome Dynamics: New insights into mammalian gene regulation and immune responsiveness"
Karen ADELMAN (National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA)
- 15-10-2014 (11h30) "Multiple Myeloma: Molecular profiling, Pathogenesis, Targets & Translation – The way to a cure?"
Dirk HOSE (Myeloma laboratory at University Hospital of Heidelberg)
- 22-10-2014 (11h30) "Genome stability and instability in the repair of chromosome breaks"
- 24-10-2014 (11h30) "Genome stability and DNA replication: novel molecular and structural insights using a vertebrate cell free system"
Vincenzo COSTANZO ( IFOM - FIRC INSTITUTE OF MOLECULAR ONCOLOGY, Milan, Italy)
- 28-10-2014 (10h30) "From HIV biology to Cancer Related Inflammation"
Nadine LAGUETTE (IGH Montpellier)
- 29-10-2014 (10h30) "Killing to survive: chromatin control of nuclear proteostasis"
Manolis PAPAMICHOS-CHRONAKIS (Institut Curie - Paris (FRANCE))
- 31-10-2014 (11h30) "Post-doc interview: Cdc14 phosphatases in the regulation of the cell division cycle in human cells"
Sara OVEJERO (Centro de Investigación del Cáncer Universidad de Salamanca-CSIC)
- 31-10-2014 (10h30) "Gatekeepers for the RNAi machinery to enter the nucleus"
Kazufumi MOCHIZUKI (Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences - Vienna (AUSTRIA))
Some recent papers
- Cole F, Baudat F, Grey C, Keeney S, de Massy B, Jasin M. "Mouse tetrad analysis provides insights into recombination mechanisms and hotspot evolutionary dynamics" (2014), Nat Genet.: 46, 10, 1072-1080
- Yoshida K, Bacal J, Desmarais D, Padioleau I, Tsaponina O, Chabes A, Pantesco V, Dubois E, Parrinello H, Skrzypczak M, Ginalski K, Lengronne A, Pasero P "The histone deacetylases sir2 and rpd3 act on ribosomal DNA to control the replication program in budding yeast." (2014), Mol Cell.: 54(4):691-697
- Gonzalez I, Mateos-Langerak J, Thomas A, Cheutin T, Cavalli G. "Identification of Regulators of the Three-Dimensional Polycomb Organization by a Microscopy-Based Genome-wide RNAi Screen" (2014), Mol Cell: 54(3):485-99
- Moran, Y., Fredman, D., Praher, D., Li Z. L., Meng Wee,L., Rentzsch, F., Zamore,P.D., Technau, U., Seitz H. "Cnidarian microRNAs frequently regulate targets by cleavage" (2014), Genome Research: 24(4):651-63
- Laguette,N., Bregnard, C., Hue, P., Basbous, J., Yatim, A., Larroque, M., Kirchhoff, F., Constantinou, A., Bijan, S., Benkirane, M. "Premature Activation of the SLX4 Complex by Vpr Promotes G2/M Arrest and Escape from Innate Immune Sensing" (2014), CELL: 156, 1-2, 134-145
- Van der Laan, S., Crozet, C., Tsanov, N., and Maiorano, D "High Dub3 expression in mouse ESC couples the G1/S checkpoint to pluripotency" (2013), Molecular Cell: 52, 3, 366-379
- Bétous R., Pillaire, M-J, Pierini, L., Van der Laan, S., Recolin B., Ohl-Séguy, E., Guo, C., Niimi, N., Gruz, P., Nohmi, T. Friedberg, E., Cazaux, C., Maiorano, D* and Hoffmann J-S*. * corresponding authors "DNA polymerase k-dependent DNA synthesis at stalled replication forks is important for Chk1 activation" (2013), EMBO Journal: 32(15):2172-85
- Lossaint G, Larroque M, Ribeyre C, Bec N, Larroque C, Décaillet C, Gari K, Constantinou A. "FANCD2 Binds MCM Proteins and Controls Replisome Function upon Activation of S Phase Checkpoint Signaling." (2013), Mol Cell.: 51(5):678-690
- Iovino N, Ciabrelli F, Cavalli G. "PRC2 Controls Drosophila Oocyte Cell Fate by Repressing Cell Cycle Genes." (2013), Dev Cell: 26(4):431-9
- Berkhout B, Lever A, Wainberg M, Fassati A, Borrow P, Fujii M "Monsef Benkirane awarded 2013 Ming K. Jeang Foundation Retrovirology Prize: Landmark HIV-1 research honoured" (2013), Retrovirology: 10, 1, 28
- Cavalli, G., Mistelli, T. "Functional implications of genome topology" (2013), Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol: 20, 3, 290-299
Two post-doctoral positions: Role of the piRNA pathway in gene regulation
3D organization of the genome: fundamental principles and practical applications
04-11-2014, Elzo DE WIT (Hubrecht Institute for Developmental Biology and Stem Cell Research - Utrecht (THE NETHERLANDS))
Seminar series on Genome Dynamics: Noncoding RNAs: with a viral twist
06-11-2014, Joan STEITZ (Yale University/HHMI, New Haven, USA)
Seminar series on Genome Dynamics: Long-range gene regulation in the 3D genome: technologies and insight
07-11-2014, Wouter de LAAT (Hubrecht Institute, Urtrecht, The Netherlands)
Transcriptional and epigenetic regulation by short RNAs
10-11-2014, Germano CECERE (Columbia University Medical Center - New York, NY (USA))
Genome defense by germline small RNAs
12-11-2014, Ramesh PILLAI (European Molecular Biology Laboratory - Grenoble (FRANCE))
BLESS, Genome-wide high-resolution DNA double-strand break mapping
14-11-2014, Magdalena Skrzypczak (Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Systems Biology CeNT University of Warsaw)
... the 2 last ones
Rossitto M, Ujjan S, Poulat F, Boizet-Bonhoure B. The multiples roles of the Prostaglandin D2 signaling pathway in reproduction (2014), Reproduction.
Ciabrelli F, Cavalli G.. Chromatin driven behavior of topologically associating domains (2014), J Mol Biol..