Director: Giacomo CAVALLI
Associate director: Philippe PASERO
The Institute of Human Genetics (Institut de Génétique Humaine, IGH) is a major CNRS unit dedicated to excellence in fundamental research and pathology. The principal research interests of the IGH are genome dynamics, developmental genetics, epigenetics, and molecular and cellular pathology.
Professorship in Computational Biology IGH – Montpellier - France
The Montpellier 2 University and the Institute of Human Genetics (IGH), UPR 1142, a major CNRS unit, Montpellier, France, jointly invite applications for a Professorship of Bioinformatics (CNU Section 64/65).
Rosemary Kiernan awarded by ERC
At the end of the year 2013, the European Research Council (ERC) has awarded Rosemary Kiernan, director of research at IGH in category "ERC Consolidator".
January 2014, Monsef Benkirane is awarded the 2013 Liliane Bettencourt Prize for Life Sciences.
Here, Monsef Benkirane tells Naturejobs how the viral reservoir stands as a major obstacle to a cure for HIV, and how the prize will help him to develop much needed models to replicate the behaviour of the virus.
Seminar Series on Molecular Bases of Human Diseases 2014
Amphitheater Genopolys, at 11:30, from January 15th to June 13th, 2014
Seminar Series on Genome Dynamics
Amphitheater Genopolys, at 11:30, from January 10th to March 21st, 2014
Seminars of the month @ IGH
- 04-03-2014 (11h30) "Tales from the telomere: A mechanism of increased telomerase processivity and the role of Rap1 in senescence"
Chrysa LATRICK (Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis)
- 14-03-2014 (11h30) "Seminar Series on Genome Dynamics: Establishing and maintaining specialised chromatin domains"
Robin ALLSHIRE (Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, Edinburgh, UK)
- 20-03-2014 (11h30) "Zbtb48 facilitates Polycomb Recruitment at CpG islands and modulates PRC2 activity in mouse embryonic stem cells"
Eskild LANDT (BRIC, University of Copenhagen)
- 21-03-2014 (11h30) "Seminar Series on Genome Dynamics: Evolution and Cellular functions of long noncoding RNAs"
Chris PONTING (Dept of Physiology,Anatomy and Genetics, Oxford University, UK)
Some recent papers
- Laguette,N., Bregnard, C., Hue, P., Basbous, J., Yatim, A., Larroque, M., Kirchhoff, F., Constantinou, A., Bijan, S., Benkirane, M. "Premature Activation of the SLX4 Complex by Vpr Promotes G2/M Arrest and Escape from Innate Immune Sensing" (2014), CELL: 156, 1-2, 134-145
- Joly, W,, Chartier,A., Rojas-Rios, P., Busseau,I., Simonelig, M. "The CCR4 Deadenylase Acts with Nanos and Pumilio in the Fine-Tuning of Mei-P26 Expression to Promote Germline Stem Cell Self-Renewal" (2013), Stem Cell Reports: Volume 1, Issue 5, 411-424
- Van der Laan, S., Crozet, C., Tsanov, N., and Maiorano, D "High Dub3 expression in mouse ESC couples the G1/S checkpoint to pluripotency" (2013), Molecular Cell: 52, 3, 366-379
- Wu H, Mathioudakis N, Diagouraga B, Dong A, Dombrovski L, Baudat F, Cusack S, de Massy B, Kadlec J. "Molecular Basis for the Regulation of the H3K4 Methyltransferase Activity of PRDM9." (2013), Cell Rep: 14, 11, 794-806
- Bétous R., Pillaire, M-J, Pierini, L., Van der Laan, S., Recolin B., Ohl-Séguy, E., Guo, C., Niimi, N., Gruz, P., Nohmi, T. Friedberg, E., Cazaux, C., Maiorano, D* and Hoffmann J-S*. * corresponding authors "DNA polymerase k-dependent DNA synthesis at stalled replication forks is important for Chk1 activation" (2013), EMBO Journal: 32(15):2172-85
- Lossaint G, Larroque M, Ribeyre C, Bec N, Larroque C, Décaillet C, Gari K, Constantinou A. "FANCD2 Binds MCM Proteins and Controls Replisome Function upon Activation of S Phase Checkpoint Signaling." (2013), Mol Cell.: 51(5):678-690
- Iovino N, Ciabrelli F, Cavalli G. "PRC2 Controls Drosophila Oocyte Cell Fate by Repressing Cell Cycle Genes." (2013), Dev Cell: 26(4):431-9
- Cribier, A., Descours, B., Chaves Valadeo, AL., Laguette, N., Benkirane , M. "Phosphorylation of SAMHD1 by CyclinA2/CDK1 regulates its restriction activity towards HIV-1" (2013), CELL Reports: 3, 4, 1036-1043;
- Berkhout B, Lever A, Wainberg M, Fassati A, Borrow P, Fujii M "Monsef Benkirane awarded 2013 Ming K. Jeang Foundation Retrovirology Prize: Landmark HIV-1 research honoured" (2013), Retrovirology: 10, 1, 28
- Cavalli, G., Mistelli, T. "Functional implications of genome topology" (2013), Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol: 20, 3, 290-299
Conserved roles of lincRNAs in vertebrate development
18-04-2014, Alena Shkumatava (Institut Curie - Unité de Génétique et Biologie du Développement - PARIS)
Small RNA-directed DNA elimination in Tetrahymena
25-04-2014, Kazufumi MOCHIZUKI (IMBA (Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences) Vienna, Austria)
DNA damage and repair: key factors for aging and cancer
23-05-2014, Jan HOEIJMAKERS (Department of Genetics Erasmus University Medical Center - Rotterdam - The Netherlands)
... the 2 last ones
Lefranc MP.. Immunoglobulin and T Cell Receptor Genes: IMGT(®) and the Birth and Rise of Immunoinformatics (2014), Front Immunol..
Alamyar E, Giudicelli V, Duroux P, Lefranc MP.. Antibody V and C Domain Sequence, Structure, and Interaction Analysis with Special Reference to IMGT(®). (2014), Methods Mol Biol..